Follow Us On Social

Resolving Contractor Complaints

 

A message from the team to you our valued Customer

Houston, we have a problem… and we are so very very sorry you are not happy with the services provided by our Gas Contractor.

PGHS wants you to know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, we’re on your side and we are more than willing to assist you in resolving whatever your issue is. Your satisfaction is our satisfaction!

 

Some things to remember

Before proceeding there are a few administrative things we need you to know in order for things to be resolved smoothly.

Pursuant to our terms of service no.23 (when you signed our invoice), you first need to put your complaint in writing. We can not accept phone in complaints because we need to keep the facts straight and like any important story we don’t want to misinterpret you or forget anything you have said, so please put your info in writing.

 

If your complaint is related to the quality of service you can submit your complaint for resolution anytime after the service date and we will start our process to resolve the matter however,

 

If your complaint is related to how much you were charged, you must submit your complaint within 30 calendar days from the date of service after which all sales and charges per the invoice are considered final and correct. 

 

ProGas and Heating Services (PGHS) will not release or discuss information related to sales, service, repairs, installations and invoice billing to third parties unless expressly ordered to do so by the person that signed the invoice. Customer authorization can either be verbal or if written, must bear the signature of the person that signed the invoice, after which we are more that happy to resolve the issue with you.

 

Where a third party(s) seek to act on behalf of an elderly customer who is alleged to have Dementia, Alzheimer’s or a similar mental disability and/or alleged to be incapable of entering into contractual agreements; PGHS reserves the right to request and receive ‘’enduring power of attorney’’ or a similar document attesting to the mental incapacitation of the customer at which point there is an exemption provided related to the 30 calendar day limitation to dispute sales and charges.

 

Please… be polite. Our staff are here to help you resolve whatever is upsetting you. If your grievance is with our contractor(s) please don’t take it out on PGHS or the staff, we are here to help and we can not effect a resolution if we’re busy fending off unwarranted or misguided accusations. Remember… we were not there, but we sure can help, so give us that opportunity.

ProGas and Heating Services, services about 10,000 people per year with about 100 complaints and we resolve approximately 97% of those complaints, the remaining 3% was not for a lack of trying. So let’s see what we can do for you!

 

Some Important Facts

Our contractors  must comply with all Technical Safety BC (Formerly known as Gas Safety) Regulations, requirements and directions in the performance of their duties

 

Our Contractors are required to conduct themselves with integrity, honesty and strong moral character when dealing with PGHS Customers

 

Our contractors are required to warranty their work for 30 calendar days to you our customer and to ProGas and Heating Services.

Our Contractors are solely responsible for the resolution of Customer complaints.

 

ProGas and Heating Services maintains a $1000 holdback from each contractor in the event the contractor fails to resolve the issue where a refund is warranted. We will take care of that for you!

You have double the “bang for your buck” with the resolution process. If the Contractor in question does not resolve your complaint within a reasonable time, ProGas and Heating will resolve the matter to the customers satisfaction.

 

Our Resolution Process

Please note: Simple complaints can be resolved within 24-48 hrs via email however, if your complaint has a story attached to it, allow 5-10 business days for us to get back to you.
First, we need to receive your complaint and any other relevant documentation as provided for above.
Please provide a copy of your invoice with the complaint.
You will receive an acknowledgment of your correspondence within 24hrs.
Your complaint will be assigned to a Customer Service representative and forwarded to the Contractor for action.
If after 7 days the contractor has not responded to you or the resolution is at an impasse, your complaint is escalated and PGHS takes over the process.

There’s two ways you can get the ball rolling email support@pghs.ca or here for our inhouse form

 

Other links you may be interested in

Terms of Service

Our Privacy Policies

About our Contractors

 

What our customers are saying